Each Religious Community has specific requirements, which pertain to their individual ministries. Contact the communities that you are interested in and inquire.
Tools of a Religious Brother or Sister
A man or woman who becomes a consecrated religious, most usually has a profession / career. He or she could be a teacher, a medic, a social worker, or any other of the myriad choices in our world today. Depending upon one’s career, “tools” vary. Depending upon one’s vocation, some of the “tools” of a religious are hidden:
- the tool of the prayer of relationship with God;
- the tool of prayer for the people one serves;
- the tool of compassion poured out upon those who are suffering;
- the tool of consecration through chastity, poverty and obedience;
- the tool of community living
- the tool of fidelity to the Church
- the tool of penance, sacrifice and responsible stewardship for those less fortunate.
Click here for our simple Religious Life Survey
Quick Vocation Test
Click here for our quick vocation test.